Blessings

Blessings

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

She's a Frequent Flyer.....

Ms. Amy, the nurse practicioner states to the student intern as she is walking out of the examination room today, "She's a frequent flyer". Poor kid...Kennedy has seen the inside of the doctor's office many a time in the last four years. Last night between 12 and 3am Jeremy and I sat in bed trying to determine if our daughter was crying and complaining of ear pain as another hoax to snuggle up next to mom and dad. After trips back and forth to her room, no fever or other symptoms except for tears, we ended up putting her in our bed. Her left ear canal was swollen compared to the right and beyond that we figured she might have an ear infection.
The clock chimed 3am and we were finally to bed and then my alarm went off at 7am. I examined Kennedy's ear, cleaned it out, and found a suprise..fluid and other yuckies. Luckily, I had seen it before with her tubes and knew that her ear drum had ruptured / perforated. So to all the mommies out there beware.....the prognosis is good..she will heal on her own and with a round of oral antibotics, ear drops, and TLC she is back to her self. The crazy thing was she never seemed uncomforable or complainted alot until last night. I guess I will pay a little more attention to "my ear hurts".

No comments:

Post a Comment