Blessings

Blessings

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Happy Birthday Grant and Carter

Our world was forever changed on December 9th, 2013. Grant Thomas and Carter James entered the world. The initial thought of twins brought on an array of emotion-shock, fear, joy and excitement. One year later we are truly BLESSED and our cup is running....pouring over. Here is a glimpse back at the past year.

Grant Thomas





















Grant, first born by a minute or less, takes on the older sibling role in stride. He is more independent in many ways, smiles at anyone and everyone, prefers to be in his bed to sleep, puts himself to sleep, was the first one to walk, is the observer and is more reserved in his actions. 


Carter James


















Carter, second born by a minute or less, is officially the "baby" of our family. He is a little more bashful, smiles at anyone but it may take a little more work, likes to cuddle and be rocked if he gets a vote,  took steps days after his brother, and is an explorer by nature. 


Over this past year, we have changed as a family and I have changed as a person. I am not as organized as I once was, I have many late nights trying to get everything done just to make it the next day.  I have forgotten my purse in Brenham but have yet to leave a kid but I am sure it is coming. The little things don't matter unless the little things are the little people in my life.  I am lucky enough to kiss all their heads every night including my husband of 13 years. I am lucky to have a be apart of a big family and to have a big family of my own. By no means is raising four children easy but I am reminded often of the miracle of life through each smile, laugh and tear. Thank you God for the blessings you have given us. Happy 1st Birthday Grant and Carter! You are loved by so many!


Psalm 127:3
Children are a heritage from the LORD, children are a reward from him



No comments:

Post a Comment