Blessings

Blessings

Monday, November 7, 2011

I SCORED!!!

Soccer has definitely been a learning experience for all of us. We as parents have had to juggle practice which we have never had before, playing co-ed, and learning a lot about our daughter. First, let me speak to the co-ed part....it is great, our team is stacked with friends and we love it (mainly boys), however, the boys at this age  are much better with their gross motor skills and enthusiasm of the game.

Now I will speak to the learning about our daughter. Deep down you always wish for your kid to do well, learn, and just love the game. At Kennedy's 1st game she said she was hot, sweaty and ready to go home. We laughed and I thought maybe she won't be into sports, gulp....hard for her dad and I both to handle.

She has definitely evolved over the past 4 weeks. This weekend, she scored her 1st goal!!!! This is a huge accomplishment for her and our team, we have scored a mere 3 goals...but who's counting!?! She said she had just been waiting to score and plans to score 10 more! The worst part about the whole thing was I was working the garage sale and missed it. When Jeremy called my phone mid-game I knew she had scored and about cried!

This is some video Jeremy shot...(not great) I think he was too excited to hold the camera straight!


No comments:

Post a Comment