Blessings

Blessings

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Raising Children

Raising children is the most rewarding and most challenging thing we will ever do. Jeremy and I have worked overtime to instill in our children values that we feel are important. First and foremost, we want them to love and know God, treat others as they want to be treated, and to be themselves. Doesn't that sound easy?!?

To help steer our children in the right direction we said "yes" when we were asked to teach K-2 Sunday School at our church. I was asked to be the teacher and we needed a co-teacher and Jeremy stepped into place. Yes, when I feel we might be close to busting at the seams, I look at my children' s faces and know we are doing the right thing.  Jeremy and I both grew up in Sunday School and we want the same for Kennedy and Jaxon. Not to mention it was fun making "God Helper" hats of construction paper, stickers, and feathers to coincide with our story of Jonah talking about how he helped God.  A Saturday or Sunday sleep in sounds so good, but we can do that when they go to college.


No comments:

Post a Comment