Blessings

Blessings

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Still Can't Believe It

For those of you connected to FB, well you already know the story. This weekend I headed to Brenham with Jaxon to visit Grannie Maurer. She has been sick and I wanted to go and visit her. After a couple of hours at her house, Jaxon and I ventured to Doug and Dorothy's then made a pit stop at Grannie's before heading to Uncle Neils and this is when the fun began.
I put Jaxon in the passenger side front seat and went to get in the driver seat. I heard a "click" and my heart stopped in the split second that I realized my keys were in the jeep!!! I frantically called my dad who was inside Grannie's and we started by coaching Jaxon to "push the button". We got smiles, him reorganzing daddy's coin collection in the cup holder bringing one to his mouth, finding daddy's pencil and Kennedy's necklace (all things that his little hands never get to touch). This went on for about twenty minutes. Uncle Neil had pulled up at the moment that Jaxon locked himself in the vehicle. Luckily, a neighbor who happened to have a slim-jim stopped in and we got him out (we had help on the way). The entire time Jaxon just smiled at us, played with everything he could find, and was entertained as we held Grannie' s puppy at the window. The tears did come when the two men, Neil and the neighbor, worked steady to unlock the door. The thought of breaking in the window did come to mind, thank God my dad was there to keep me sane.

1 comment:

  1. I know what an awful feeling this is, do you remember my walmart story? I locked two kids in the car and had no cell phone!

    ReplyDelete