Blessings

Blessings

Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Years Ago

I married my best friend.  I have carried this photo in my wallet tucked behind my license for 10 years. The picture is worn and it tells a story of friendship, love, family, and what marriage really is.  I have learned that marriage is a partnership and it isn't always easy but God and everyone else knows I could not live a day without this man. We began dating in 1993 at the tender age of 16. I remember the day he asked me to be his "girlfriend", the day he danced with me under the stars and asked me to marry him, and the day we both cried when each of our children was born. I can admit through the events of life I do take him for granted  at times, however, today I am reminded of how sweet our life really is. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Kim you made me tear up this really is what marriage is all about, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete